Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

general resistor question

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimxneko

hello. i was wondering, is it possible to connect 2 seperate resistors to equal a desired amount of resistance? because, regarding this schematic, i cant seem to find a resistor that is 25 ohms (i only found 24Ω and 27Ω). so, what should i do? could i put a 20Ω and a 5Ω resistor next to eachother to equal 25Ω? or should i just go with either the 24Ω or 27Ω resistor?

oh, also, what tolerance would be best for all of this? im thinking 1/4 Watt. should i use 1/2 Watt instead? i just want to be sure.

Use a 27Ω at ¼W and you will be fine. Tolerance is not wattage, is for resistance, and any 10% to 1% will work.

In that circuit, the resistance is not that critical. The closest 5% (or even 10%) standard value will work just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back