Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gear & cog suppliers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

olly_k

Anyone know of a good uk supplier of cogs and gears? I wish to make a gear box with a 1:180 ratio and need plastic spur gears 60, 50, 40 and 30 teeth, and 4 pinion gears with 10 teeth all of which must obviously have the same pitch, which generally rules out pulling vcrs apart etc!
I have tried various model shops and suppliers without much success / interest but I am sure there has to be someone knocking these things out?
can anyone here help me?

olly_k said:
Anyone know of a good uk supplier of cogs and gears? I wish to make a gear box with a 1:180 ratio and need plastic spur gears 60, 50, 40 and 30 teeth, and 4 pinion gears with 10 teeth all of which must obviously have the same pitch, which generally rules out pulling vcrs apart etc!
I have tried various model shops and suppliers without much success / interest but I am sure there has to be someone knocking these things out?
can anyone here help me?

Maplin do a selection of gears for model making, they do a spur gear set, reference WC81C - it includes a 40 teeth spur gear, and 20 and 10 teeth pinion gears. The manufacturer is listed as MFA - if that's any help?.

Good old Maplins hey :D (at least they were good for the hobbiest once :x ) that set would be ideal if I could find the other matching gears, which I am sure exist as I saw a larger MFA version in a southport model shop once but didn't really require them then. Model shops round here sell MFA sets but don't appear to be able to order anything other than what is off the shelf!

try these?

**broken link removed**

a selection of cogs and shafts pulleys etc. I also noticed they are only a few pence each :)

Try

www.expotools.com

They are based in the UK and seem to have just what you want. (Page 70 of their catalogue).

JimB

Damn!
I fell into a trap set by a one post wonder!
JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back