Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GCSE Coursework- electronic level

Status
Not open for further replies.

neel45

Hi,
I am currently doing my Major piece of systems and control coursework
(for 15-16 year olds) and i was wondering whether i could make an electronic level.
I searched the web and found a schematic (attached) but i think it might be out of my league.
Could you please take a look and give your opinion.

THANKS

Ps You can also see the schematics at the following address:

https://circuitos.tripod.cl/schem/r57.gif

Attachments

• r57.gif
    r57.gif
    53.9 KB · Views: 497
  • r57.gif
    r57.gif
    53.9 KB · Views: 513
the schematic is not 100% correct. the R1 is shorted and LM185 (micro power voltage reference) would die quick death when connected to 9V like shown ( or some 8.3V because
of voltage drop on diode D5).

This project shouldn't be too hard. I'd replace a lot of the analog circutry with a microcontroller with an AtoD converter. Debugging microcontrollers is much easier than debugging analog circuits for someone who is just getting started in electronics. So all you need is two photodiode or phototransistor amps (I like photodiodes because they are more linear) connected to two analog inputs on your microcontroller. The microcontroller can handle comparing the two values and generating the output.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back