Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GBA LCD-display

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyrppa

Hi!
First of all,sorry my bad english.

My GBA got broken and i thought that it's LCD-display would be cool on computer.So,does anyone know/have schematic/circuit to do this?

Sorry but this is not possible, basicly without the board it is just a plain lcd screen.

The GBA had an attachment that allowed you to watch tv, but the resoultion was pore and tv shows use 25 frames per second,
Correct me if I am wrong.

Also your computer can only do a 640x480 and the size of the GBA lcd is not able todo a 640x480 if it was even possible to make it a computer screen.

Anyway it will not work
sorry.

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
Sorry but this is not possible, basicly without the board it is just a plain lcd screen.

The GBA had an attachment that allowed you to watch tv, but the resoultion was pore and tv shows use 25 frames per second,

Also your computer can only do a 640x480 and the size of the GBA lcd is not able todo a 640x480 if it was even possible to make it a computer screen.

Anyway it will not work
sorry.
I think he would like to use it as LCD diplaying system info, such as temperature and FAN speeds, not as main LCD screen...

Re: reply

Jay.slovak said:
Roboticinfo said:

Anyway it will not work
sorry.
I think he would like to use it as LCD diplaying system info, such as temperature and FAN speeds, not as main LCD screen...
Yes,that's right.I WOULD like to use it as LCD displaying system info,not as LCD screen.

Jay.slovak said:
OK, first send us the picture of the LCD (showing it's PINs) and some model numbers written on it.

I would suspect it's just a plain glass LCD screen, no driver chips or anything - NOT a trivial thing to try and interface if it is!.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Jay.slovak said:
OK, first send us the picture of the LCD (showing it's PINs) and some model numbers written on it.

I would suspect it's just a plain glass LCD screen, no driver chips or anything - NOT a trivial thing to try and interface if it is!.
If it's like that, then it's useless to us... That's why I want to see a picture of it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back