Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gateway 500-069S Monitor Faults

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddandomega

Dear All,
I am keeping in the workshop more than 150 units of the Gateway 500-069S model and all have a similar problem.
Faults
On powering up HT sounds and some clicking sounds are produced and at times a bright screen shows before shutting down quickly. When I replace the HT transformer using a working one all boards work fine.
I wish to know whether anything can be done to repair or modify the Lopt circuit without me replacing HT transformers for all these units.
I also wish to know where I can purchase HT transformers for this same model.
I thank you in advance.

You will need to check the FCC ID # on the monitor to see who actually made the device. It could be either LG Electronics, or Mag Innovision. You can check here to see who made it:

https://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/#sec2

Once you know the maker, you will be better able to search for known faults on the device.

From a quick search of the site below, it seems that Gateway has had a history of faults in many of its monitors. ( but you having 150 units pretty much proves that already :( )

https://www.anatekcorp.com/faq/archmntr.htm

I presume when you say 'HT transformer' you actually mean 'EHT transformer' (or Line Output Transformer). These are common failures in many TV's and monitors, it's probably the device under most stress in the set.

The only real option is to replace them - hopefully with a better quality item? - manufacturers can order various grades of transformers, the better ones cost more!. This generally means they fit cheap, low quality, transformers!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back