Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gas Solenoid valve help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gergify

I'm building a airsoft type weapon, and I need something that releases a quick powerful burst of gas (Co2) to power the bb. This is going to be a semi auto only model. What do need? The Co2 will be an external source similar to paintball and attached via hose line.

Could i use something like these?

(w)(w)(w).helmarparts.com/Solenoid_Valves_s/183.htm

(w)(w)(w).helmarparts.com/product_p/1110h2.htm

[new members can't post urls? thats why the 'w' are enclosed]

Last edited:
the power of the burst will be more effected by the pressure of the gas than the difference between the avarage solenoid valve

if the valve is not to big and the moving parts are light than the opening/closing time is already quicker than you probably need

Robert-Jan

I really new to this solenoid stuff.

What type of valves do I need?

How would you build it?

Last edited:
I asume that the bulet is in the pipe and that the solenoid keeping the pressurized gas form the bulet in the pipe

the thing that gives the action is how oick can you reliese the gase on to the bulet in the pipe that can than only one direction

the solenoid valve should have a light weight moving parts to reduce the mass delay but strong enough to withstand the pressure you use

have a look in the field of industrial pnuematic controlls

you have some realy rapid acting and forcefull air cilinders to work in machines at pressures of less than 8 bar (117 psi)

the power comes form the Air pressure not the valve you use

Robert-Jan

the power comes form the Air pressure not the valve you use

Robert-Jan

... and from the cross section of the piston. To fill the chamber fast enough the valve must also have an adequate cross section to let the pressure build up rapidly. Otherwise you'll get a strong push but not a shot.

Check pneumatic valves at https://www.festo.de/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back