Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gas leak in coal mines

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannu

Hi,
Can we send a vehicle inside a coal mine to detect gas leak and inform about it before going to work in the mines to avoid accidents.The vehicle can be controlled using a microcontroller .What do you think of this idea.

My Internal Thoughts:
Autonomous and remotely operated machines already exist. The exist for land mines, for aviation, and for deep see diving. I never gave thoughts about coal excavation but am sure under ground applications for remote machines and sensory is already in operation.

I am sure a microcontroller would be part of the whole design. Your question sounds as if microcontrollers are not already being used for autonomous and remote operations and that it alone will be the next advent of mankind. Seriously, have you heard of the Mars Mission?

My Answer:
Yes.

hi..

shannu said:
Hi,
Can we send a vehicle inside a coal mine to detect gas leak and inform about it before going to work in the mines to avoid accidents.The vehicle can be controlled using a microcontroller .What do you think of this idea.

step 1 : go to this site.. and find the smoke sensor and temperature sensor..

https://hobbyprojects.com/circuits2.html

if you cant find the smoke sensor good .. better find a good one on google..

Step 2: choose any microcontroller 89c51 or pic , any will work..

But remember, it should be the microcontroller with 40 pins.. e.g. PIC16f877 so that multiple operations can be carried at single time..

Regards,

Simran..:)

Last edited:
better..

one question by your teachers may also be..

" what is the need of robot.. instead fix the sensors within"..

better.. fix permanantly the sensors within the mines..

Regards,

Simran..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back