Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gas Gauge Circuit Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigD_ca

I have a gas gauge that is identical to the following old post (the cct posted by chemelec):

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/help-me-build-a-gas-gauge.34321/

The gauge works well but I can't get LED from the LM3914 to light up for some reason. Either I'm not changing the right resistors or I'm total off on what the issue is.

If anyone has a suggestion I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 4810-FUEL-2.gif
    4810-FUEL-2.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 146
... just something to check

I read someplace that tantalum capacitors are easily damaged ... due to the thin tantalum oxide film, or something of that nature.

Is your 1µ tantalum cap new or used?
Polarity must be correct ... apparently no second guesses. That would be + to terminal 3, and - to terminal 2.

How are you proto-typing?
Do you have a breadboard ... or are you using a pcb?
If breadboard ... can you post a picture? Sometimes the holes that look connected are not.

I'm using a breadboard. I'll try shifting the LEDs or LM3914 on the board and see if that makes a difference. I'll post a pic later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back