Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Garage door rf remote amplifier ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMike

Hey everyone,

I've got this remote controlled gate in my neighborhood which is controlled by an rf remote transmitter.

The range of it is about 30 meters and since I'm super lazy I wonder if it could be extended to be able to open it without leaving my apartment which is 100 meters away (or so) + lots of walls in between.

Is that even possible ?

Not legally no.
The simplest solution would be to use a longer antenna, the antenna's on those types of remotes are kept short in part to help limit range.

may be as Sceadwian said that you can try to expand antenna length. more than that you can add a small wideband RF PA for that frequency. but it's harder if it must built in your remote pack, i think.

The best way if you can find the freq of the transmitter is to increase the size of the
reciever antenna for some security frequencys in the UK you can buy mini yagi dipole
antenna with high gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back