Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

garage door monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

panic mode

Hi everyone,

any ideas for garage door monitor? i have the openner but
only indication is if the door is open. no indication if the thing is
closed or halfway. I would prefer contact free detection (beam
through photo sensors or similar).

I just did one with a magnet and a reed switch. I also put some photosensors outside and inside, to detect if the garage light was left turned on. It uses an RF link to transmit the door and light status to a base that has a text to speech processor on it to announce if the door is left open or the light left on.

j.

It uses an RF link to transmit the door and light status to a base that has a text to speech processor on it to announce if the door is left open or the light left on.

wow, how long did that take u? did u do it urself?

It's a kluge of several projects. Each individual part is not that hard.

Short range RF links are easy with Linx transmitters. Longer range links are possible by careful application of Linx transmitters. The TTS is by Winbond.

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back