Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gaming in CRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you mean by CRO? is it language, type of hardware,
country (Croatia), time measure or something else?

ya CRO means Cathode Ray Oscilloscope

I want to get some tutorial how to make games using CRO

see this

Master's Level(The Frogger Game):
Problem Statement:

Design an electronic circuit which implements a simplified Frogger game on a Cathode Ray Oscilloscope (CRO). The game consists of a series of roads on which vehicles move and a human player helps a frog move to the other side of the road using his control keypad.

Eligibility and Team Size:

Any student enrolled in an undergraduate/postgraduate at their institute is eligible for the competition.
Members per team should not exceed three.

Basic Problem Description:
1. The game consists of five horizontal lines, which represent four parallel roads.

2. On each of the roads, moves a single ball which represents a vehicle.

3. Each vehicle moves on the road with a speed different from other vehicles.

4. The semicircular cursor represents the frog which can be moved up, down, left or right using the four buttons.

5. On the press of the up/down button the frog moves up/down the road.

6. On the press of the left/right button the frog moves left/right on the road.

7. When the frog has moved up to cross all the roads, the level is completed.

8. When a level has been completed, the next level starts with an increased speed of the vehicles.

Optional Additional Features:
1. The direction of motion of a particular vehicle could be either leftward or rightward (decided “randomly”) but fixed for a particular level of the game.

2. A time-over constraint, if the level is not completed with a specified amount of time.

3. Two vehicles on a single road. (For this case implementation, you can make any other road devoid of a vehicle)

4. Introduce sound effects.

Rules:
1. Microcontrollers/microprocessors are not allowed for the implementation of the problem.

or see this linkhttp://www.techkriti.org/ecdcmaster.php

sounds like the kind of thing that wouldn't be quite so bad if you were basically drawing vector graphics using XY mode on the scope... however, without the use of a microcontroller... it just gets ridiculously complex.

actually i brainstormed what i am pretty confident would be a complete solution... of course, going from a high-level flowchart-esque idea to an actual circuit would require so many ICs I'm not sure it'd be worth attempting...

I have seen it done using X-Y mode and a PIC. Have seen Asteroids.

It was done by one of our lecturers between biig projects

fook knows how you do it tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back