Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Game port to Midi ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

Hi.

I have just built one of these front panel thingys for the front of my PC (it has usb, audio, serial ports, and the rest). However, I wanted to put two midi ports on it aswell.

I can buy a cable which plugs into the game port, and has a joystick port and two midi ports on the other end. However, I don't really want to put this inside my PC, as the cable would take up quite alot of space, and the cables are expensive.

I have found bits about it at **broken link removed** and
**broken link removed** but I don't really understand them!

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this?

Thanks

Tim

PS. Does anyone know where I can get 5-pin din sockets (for the midi ports) with solder tags from? (I tried RS and Farnell, neither seemed to come close to selling them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back