Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

game camera AND game call

Status
Not open for further replies.

sambader22

I'm looking for a beginner circuit to build a game camera. A schematic and some simple instructions would be very useful. Also, I'm wanting to build a circuit that I can plug my MP3 player into that will amplify the sound enough for a long distance game call.. Again, any help with the schematics and ideas for the construction would be greatly appreciated. Please remember I am a beginner, so nothing too involved. Thanks.

The game caller, sounds more like a PA system (megaphone). You might want to look into that a little more to decide what you want, need, and can afford. Plenty of amplifier circuits on the web, lots of chip options, and power amps for cars can be had cheap/free if you look around your neighborhood yard sales. Speakers are another story, not sure how stupid the game is, or how tolerant of distortion, have to experiment. Would think there is some area between calling, and repulsing.

The game camera, I'd guess, is to see if there is anything coming around worth murdering (Bambi's mom). A b/w camera would be more sensitive at night, and you could use IR to illuminate. Color cameras need a lot of visible light, flash would scare off your game. Have seen a few home built efforts on the web, had a few thoughts myself (no spare time). Have seen some camera+DVR+PIR for under $100, but on support 2gig SD cards, might be good if you check daily.

sorry it took so long for me to respond, but yes it is a hunting game camera and sound amplifier game call I am looking for specs for to build it myself. I think I can figure out the circuit for the amplification of sound, but i was wondering how to make it where i can connect my mp3 player and how does distortion occur? i want it to be as clear as possible when it is loud because the game call will be used at its loudest.

as far as the game camera, i was thinking i would want Inferred lights but they seem a little expensive, i want somethin where it wont spook the game at night and still give a fairly clear picture. also how would i do this with the camera to make it flash with an electrical signal instead of with pushing the button.

Thanks for all the help.

Infrared LEDs can be had for as little as 20 cent each (might find cheaper). **broken link removed** I haven't purchased any of these products, but have bought other things from the site, been around for a while. Black and white cameras are the most sensitive to IR, and a better choice if you a primarily just interested in seeing what's out there. You can go color, and remove the IR filter, usually glued to the lens or sensor (90% alcohol solvent works), but it'll alter the colors a little, and night will still be basically black and white. The IR LEDs come in quite a variety. 940 nm is completely invisible, but cameras aren't as sensitive. 880 nm is better, but you can see a slight red glow if you look straight at them. Haven't tried 850 nm, but might appear brighter. The smaller the angle, they'll appear brighter, but light a smaller area, might be fine depending on your camera lens. The wider angles appear dimmer, but cover more area. They aren't too bad to build yourself, just a lot of soldering. I use all holes perfboard, mostly because the soldering is tedious enough, drilling all those holes... **broken link removed** Will help you construct your light, and choose resistors, pretty useful. If you aren't in a hurry, Goldmine has these on sale every few months for $5, Quorum A-160 Passive Infrared Detector-The Electronic Goldmine , gotten several, and pretty easy to hook up. Wished I could figure out the wireless portion, as it's a daughter board, that can be removed, without effecting the PIR function. Pulling it all together would be simple with a microcontroller, but you could use timers as well.

Loud audio isn't really my thing, but cheap speakers, sound like it...

Thanks man, i was also wondering about wiring the camera. and where i could get a decent, yet inexpensive digital camera that shoots black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back