Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuzzy modelling of BJT/BPF or HPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruben

Dear panel of experts,

Would be obliged if you can help me on the above issue.
The only application that i know is the washing machine and perhaps the shower..would appreciate more feedbacks or suggestions.
Could you pls suggest or recommend a project related to fuzzy logics?
Appreciate the help and looking forward to your prompt replies.
Rgds
Ruben

pruben said:
Dear panel of experts,

Would be obliged if you can help me on the above issue.
The only application that i know is the washing machine and perhaps the shower..would appreciate more feedbacks or suggestions.
Could you pls suggest or recommend a project related to fuzzy logics?
Appreciate the help and looking forward to your prompt replies.
Rgds
Ruben

I have an ongoing project (not much time these days) for fuzzy vision. Doesn't sound good at all at first but the concept is really "fuzzy object detection" In other words, with an ultrasonic sweeping sensor, I collect echo data and try and make sense out of the 3D shapes detected. How much of what appears ot be a straight line (on a side of box or chair for example) is determined in a fuzzy way! this object is 90% a straight edge but it also has a 10% chance of being rounded but oriented to look straight. I use other data to improve on the fuzzy results.

The main concept behind all this is with limited sensor input data, the computer cannot ever be absolutely certain that an object has the geometry that it appears to have from the data collected. The more information that is known about the geometry, the more certain the computer can be about it. If successful, what the computer perceives as the geometry is the real geometry. In many cases it is close enough.

Another practical use for fuzzy logic is digital picture clean up. Imagine a digital photo with one pixel that is in complete error (meaning it does not scale with any color of adjacent pixels and is not part of a sharp boundary or gradient)

Fuzzy logic can evaluate the region the apparent error is contained and determine what color the pixel should most likely want to be. If all suspected pixels in a photo undergo this process, it can correct corrupt/distorted images with amazing results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back