Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fuse with light Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaikanth.V

Hi,

I'm looking for a Fuse - operating spec : 110v ; 3A;

I heard that special fuses available in the market with light indicator.

If the fuse is OK then the light incorporated with it must have glow.

If there is no light then the fuse must have broken.

anybody tell me the part number with manufacturer info.

i tried in google but i'm not satisfied with the results :)

thanks.

You can just place a NE2 lamp in series with a 22K resistor across the fuse. Failed fuse lamp illuminates. You can place a NE2 lamp in series with a 22K resistor to ground downstream of the power off the fuse, lamp out, fuse failed. There are also commercial solutions but you do not mention what you have looked at? What are you not satisfied with and why?

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I said that i'm not getting the info what i expecting from google search.

Any how a lot people may answer my question here :)

guys,

what do you think the below link ?

**broken link removed**

i think this may help me ..

But i'm not sure about the voltage rating for the same

Last edited:
Your link is a standard 12 volt automotive fuse. Not going to get it for you at 120 VAC. :(

Ron

Your link is a standard 12 volt automotive fuse. Not going to get it for you at 120 VAC. :(

They use the same principal I mentioned but use a LED & internal resistor across the fuse element. When the fuse opens, they glow.

Ron

There are "alarm indicating fuses". **broken link removed** They come in various different forms and require special fuseholders. The alarm portion can activate switches and thus you can have what you want.
They are typically used in telecommunications.

Breakers can have sense and trip contacts in them as well.

One of the simplest in principle that was already discussed is low current light ACROSS the fuse, whether it be a LED or Neon bulb and resistor. The circuit needs to be carefully thought of too. In general, the circuit fails shorted, so there is a path for the fuse to light when the fuse blows. Light glows when fuse blows.

Last edited:
such devices are very common in military equipment. fuse fault indicators have been around for a very long time.

A neon lamp across the fuse indicates a blown fuse if glowing. A neon lamp from ground to the load side of the fuse indicates good when glowing, blown (or now power to the fuse) when out. Outboard lamps may be less expensive than buying a specialty fuseholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back