Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Funky NE555

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a 555 timer from RS today, soldered all the connections because I wanted absolute accurate results. Well I have it all hooked up on a PCB (the punched out hole kind from rs) and made sure nothing was shorted or touching and when I hooked up my meter to test the operation it was going all over the place, I backed away from it and it started working just fine (a pulse about every 3.0s) but when I got my hand too close the static in me wacked it out again. Whats goin on? I thought maybe it was the cords around it with my lamp and soldering iron plugged in but that wasnt it. Could I be in a radio signal hot spot? Could I have damaged the chip on soldering? Im not a pro soldering but it should be able to take that little bit of heat, this happened before and one of you in here told me those things are super sensitive. I have the 555 with the little dot on top (there is no etch) left pin 0V right pin 9V 2&6 hooked together 4&8 hooked together pin 5 not used (cv) output to LED trigger tied with 2&6 resistor connected to 4&8 pos 9V, really simple stuff what am I doing wrong? Im gonna check the operation with the chip plugged into my breadboard to see if thats it because I have another chip (chip=NE555) Thanks everyone. Jim

Post a schematic.

nevermind, i should have known its always my fault..... i hooked the 555ic's leads into my bb and wired in the external R&C and its workn like a charm, sorry.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back