Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Function Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschoon

Im looking for ideas to make a function generator that produces either a square, sine or triangle wave output along with being able to vary the frequency and amplitude. Any ideas or schematics would help. Thanks.

The Exar function generator chip, XR2206, is worth a look. Very easy to use.

Check out this project:
**broken link removed**

might give you some ideas if nothing else.

It is difficult, if not impossible, to maintain low sine distortion with the ICL8038 at lower frequencies. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get better results and eventually gave up in disgust in favour of the XR2206.

I have no idea if Exar's "improved" version addresses this problem.

(I wonder why they bothered when they already had the XR2206?)

I perchest a kit from dicksmith electrinics that produces a sine/square wave from 2 to 20KHz the only thing is that I cant seem to get the sign wave working it uses a twisted ring counter set up then a butterworth low-pass filter(an MF4CH-50 IC) and the twisted ring counter is made up of 5 4013 D flipflops. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back