Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

function generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

vik1501

Hi,

I am trying to build uP based function generator using 12 bit DAC. Please suggest suitable 12 bit DAC....Any suggestions regarding links, articles are most welcome !! :p

vik1501 said:
Hi,

I am trying to build uP based function generator using 12 bit DAC. Please suggest suitable 12 bit DAC....Any suggestions regarding links, articles are most welcome !! :p

Why do you want a 12 bit DAC?, the least significant bits are likely to be below the noise and distortion figures - it's probably extra expense and complexity for no gain.

You can easily make any resolution DAC you want with an R2R ladder network, MicroChip have an application note using this technique which you might find useful (even if you're not using a PIC).

Hi,

I don't know if this is relevant here...

I'm currently fixing an audio delay effects unit that uses the cpu
8031. There's also dac and adc in the pcb and RAM. Marston book on
audio ICs says that 12 bit is better than less. There is also that
10-bit adc/dac Holtek8955 IC I've been trying to get my hands on
but I couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back