Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

function generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric,

I just Trying to say you that I Made your modification on post NO 33, but U8 and its pot (R21) just change the amplitude of the output (i.e the amplitude of the waveforms),
I tried it on Protues software and then in real by my real components, And I have to tell that U8 And R21 are in a configuration so that change the amplitude, They do not change the DC OFFSET a tall! Any solution?

Here's my configuration based upon your mode,
Please take a look at the U8 & U7 section for any misunderstanding.

Attachments

• fn.jpg
    946.7 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Eric,

I just Trying to say you that I Made your modification on post NO 33, but U8 and its pot (R21) just change the amplitude of the output (i.e the amplitude of the waveforms),
I tried it on Protues software and then in real by my real components, And I have to tell that U8 And R21 are in a configuration so that change the amplitude, They do not change the DC OFFSET a tall! Any solution?

hi,
There will be some interaction with R21 and the Gain of U8, you will need to adjust R23/24 10Kpot to compensate. I was trying to keep the component count as low as possible.
If you want a high specification Function Gen it would require a complete redesign and more high spec components.
Varying R21 should change the DC offset of the output waveform.

You do realise that as you have a single supply to the OPA's that the output waveform will always be above 0V.?

I will look at your circuit..:)

EDIT:
Look at these images, R21 = 5K and 40K , observe the DC shift on Vout.

EDIT2:
I see you are using a 18V supply, the original circuit from the web says 9V.??
I used 12V for my sims, I will retry at 18V

Attachments

• R21_5K.gif
    R21_5K.gif
    40.9 KB · Views: 187
  • R21_40K.gif
    R21_40K.gif
    20.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
hi,
You have the DC select wired incorrectly on your circuit.
Look at this edited image.

EDIT:
2nd image showing circuit error.

Attachments

• AAesp03.gif
    AAesp03.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 166
  • AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
The funny-looking waveform is something like a sine-wave? With about 40% distortion?
Years ago I made a function generator with an ICL8038 IC and its sine-wave also looked funny. Its distortion was audible at 1%.

The funny-looking waveform is something like a sine-wave? With about 40% distortion?
Years ago I made a function generator with an ICL8038 IC and its sine-wave also looked funny. Its distortion was audible at 1%.
hi agu,
Its not my circuit.
I have advised the OP that the circuit is very limited, I would use a dedicated FG IC.
I cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.:rolleyes:

I think the XR2206 function generator IC is the only one that is still available. I have never seen one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back