Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fun "Engineering Game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this gem while I was browsing hackaday. Lets you "reverse engineer" devices using probes, etc. There's another one due out soon, and I believe there's a level editor on the site.

Worth looking at; I had a bit of fun!

First one(just one level):
http://www.zachtronicsindustries.com/pivot/entry.php?id=19
Second one(four levels):
http://www.zachtronicsindustries.com/pivot/entry.php?id=40

I don't believe anyone has posted these yet; did a search for the name and I didn't find anything.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

Stupid website thinks it's being spammed.

Mike.

Oh my. Copy and paste the link then I guess. It's a bit of a hefty download for the second one (38MB) but it's pretty fun. A little simplistic, yes, but in the end deletion is always an option. :D

That doesn't work either. Are these links on the Internet of Earth, the third planet of a solar system located near the end of one spiral arm of the Milky Way?

Hi all,

I discovered the cause of the problem by accident while discussing it with Zach (the game's author). His site runs on Pivot, which has a rather draconian spam filter built in. That blocker contains a "banned phrases" list which includes the string "-online"; this triggers the blocker's HTTP_REFERER check when you click on that link from this site.

Probably the easiest way to get around it is just to click the link once, wait for the "Spam is not appreciated here" message to come up, and then click once in your browser's Location bar and hit "Enter". This will re-submit your request to the site without the HTTP_REFERER field being included in the HTTP header.

Torben

Seems to be fixed now.

Mike.

Yep--the author just posted again and said he'd removed the "-online" term from the blacklist. Props to him for not only providing such a neat game but also for jumping right on the problem and fixing it quickly. Seems like a good guy.

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back