Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full Wave Rectified Pulses from A.C. Sine source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your request makes no sense to me. :confused: Why do you need to generate rectified pulses using a comparator? Normally a diode bridge or precision op amp rectifier circuit is used for that.

Your request makes no sense to me. :confused: Why do you need to generate rectified pulses using a comparator? Normally a diode bridge or precision op amp rectifier circuit is used for that.

hi Carl,
Had a number of chats with this OP.

He has a low voltage mains AC drive into a full wave bridge, approx 9V.

The bridge is two diodes and two SCR's.

He wants to control the firing angle of the two SCR's in order to drive a small DC motor.

His existing circuit has pulse transformer coupling to the SCR gates, he is using an Res/Cap 'ramp'
to control the SCR trigger time.

Why is this 'working' set up is not suitable, dont really know.

Eric

BTW: its not my circuit.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back