Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Full bridge on two ir21531

Status
Not open for further replies.
In his first schematic he has the two timing capacitors tied end to end and not to the common. In theory that should make them always want to run 180 degrees out of phase from each other.

I may have to buy a few of theres IC's and experiment with them some time.

In his first schematic he has the two timing capacitors tied end to end and not to the common. In theory that should make them always want to run 180 degrees out of phase from each other.

Ahh, thats what I was missing! It's the little things that count. Thanks tcmtech.

Last edited:
1.power transistor
2.pulse-duration modulation

That makes more sense now but I still don't see why having a square wave will damage the power transistors?

If you were saying that, there will be a point when both transistors are on at the same time, allowing a large current to flow, then the circuit isn't designed correctly: there should be a dead period when both transistors are conducting anyway.

Anyway, I think you should read up on modified sine waves to find out for yourself why they're used rather than square waves as you're clearly not going to listen to me.

That makes more sense now but I still don't see why having a square wave will damage the power transistors?

If you were saying that, there will be a point when both transistors are on at the same time, allowing a large current to flow, then the circuit isn't designed correctly: there should be a dead period when both transistors are conducting anyway.

Anyway, I think you should read up on modified sine waves to find out for yourself why they're used rather than square waves as you're clearly not going to listen to me.
Both of transistors does turn on at the same time is correct if they are placed diagonally. I'll be say more a bit later

Both of transistors does turn on at the same time is correct if they are placed diagonally. I'll be say more a bit later

That's not what I meant, that's how it's supposed to work of course.

I was taking about two transistors, directly opposite each other turning at the same time for a short period of time causing a short circuit.

That's not what I meant, that's how it's supposed to work of course.

I was taking about two transistors, directly opposite each other turning at the same time for a short period of time causing a short circuit.
There is a triger what does not let to be opened the pair of transistors who's placed directly oposite each other . Both of them can be closed and neither of them can be opened at the same time. Between each switching cycle there is deadtime period while both of transistors were being closed for 1.2 µs.

mosfet driver for full bridge inverter

hello..can anyone help me with this project..i need the schematic diagram for it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back