Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fujitsu 42" plasma pds4234w-s

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadcalm

Greetings, I have had this unit for some 6 years with happy viewing, until recent.

Can some one help me with, what is a main panel/screen board and part#

History
1/ the panel light started flashing red. turned off wait for reset (hearing a relay? click). This works for a time but the duration between resets became longer. Apparently this is an endemic power supply problem with the Fujitsu.
Problem solved.

2/ The set returned from the repair shop working well with a quick 1 minute test, and told there was a bit of dirt on the front of the screen I said no prob I'll clean if latter, but upon closer inspection the dirt/dust was behind the protective glass.
About 2 wks latter a tech arrived to inspect and return it to the shop, his boss told him to come back latter. Latter was another 2-3 weeks. The unit was transported laying flat on a dooner and some cushions.

3/ Dust cleaned unit requires new buffer board.
4/ Buffer board found and replaced.
5/ Unit requires new panel board/screen board asked for part# was given model# only.

I feel these components have been damaged through the dismantling and reassemble stages.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Call a lawyer, you're getting run over by a fly by night repair company. Document everything, and if it's not worth your trouble get the screen back and don't those hacks touch it again. Report them to the Better buisnesss burea, if you even have anything like that in your area and start looking for a new TV, cause the one you have is never gonna be the same again.

My brother in law went through something similar though less dramatic with an plasma be bought, didn't get an extended warranty, ended up going to a local shop. The screen has been washed out since, completly useless if you ask me I couldn't stand looking at it at this point, it can never really be made right again.

Mid City Tv is the unsatisfactory company responsible . Thanks Sceadwian it's those nagging gut feelings. does anyone know where I can obtain a free workshop manual for this set so I can at least familiarize myself with the rubbih I'm being fed?

That's nearly impossible for a TV built yesterday, let alone a plasma built 6 years ago. That's as far as I know beyond the experience of any person I know of that's used such a set for so long. Problem is you have to protect yourself before things like this occur. After the fact is just about impossible, as it's all hearsay and in a repair situation (regardless of the defect) it's nigh impossible to prove anything unless you have a detailed recorded history of everything relating to the unit.

Mid City Tv Fitzroy

The one thats been giving all of the grief. The set has now been with them for over 10 weeks

Show up at the store and demand the set back, call the police if required to get it. You'll have it that day. It is YOUR tv, not theirs. Don't put up with such crap.

Last edited:
Might help if you had your location filled in?.

From personal experience in the UK, I wouldn't touch Fujitsu, they seem to offer no service or spares at all, a compeltely useless company.

here is what i have of the service manual for that model set- no schematics but there is a lot of faultfinding info and all the set up info you will need for the power supply...........

Attachments

• PDS-4233W-4234W.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,443
Sheldons TV

Thank you for the PDS for the Fujitsu PDS4234w, most helpful.
Latest report form work shop PDS/Panel now has a 1cm horizontal band in the middle of screen.
This saga just keeps snowballing.
Time to initialize Consumer Affairs I feel

And thatnkyou to all others who have helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back