Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FSK Baud rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

khgsm2007

hi
any one can explain the relation between carrier freaquency " RF " and the data Baud rate It can handle using FSK technique.

Examplr : If Ihave 50 MHZ FM transmitter the how much BAUD RATE can it handle using FSK ,

BR

hi
Please Just forget about ready RF modules , i am dealing with a small FM transmitter with few Millewatts , i want to send data using this 50 MHZ transmitter using FSK , theoritcally in FSK the zeros & ones will deviate the 50 MHZ to some additional KHz
what iam asking for is the limit of data baud rate " Kbps " i can send / rescive using the 50 mhz RF carrier

Thanks alot

BR

khgsm2007 said:
hi
Please Just forget about ready RF modules , i am dealing with a small FM transmitter with few Millewatts , i want to send data using this 50 MHZ transmitter using FSK , theoritcally in FSK the zeros & ones will deviate the 50 MHZ to some additional KHz
what iam asking for is the limit of data baud rate " Kbps " i can send / rescive using the 50 mhz RF carrier

Thanks alot

BR

In that case, wouldn't it come down to the encoder/decoder your using, and its relevant data sheet?

hi
whats up with encoder / decoder ??!! , what Iam asking
is just the realtion between modulating " abud rate " & modulated " RF frequncy" can I send 1000 mega bit per second data for example ??!! or there is alimit of data rate considering the carrier Rf , data rate , modulting technique ... etc

BR

In theory you could use 100 MHz of bandwidth centered at 50 MHz. There would be some problems with this approach however. Not the least of them being creating an antenna and a receiver to cover that range. An analog television channel is 6 MHz. and an uncompressed digital channel supposedly takes 10-12 MHz. These seem like practical limits for information transfer over an RF link regardless of the modulation method. On the digital channels they now make use of compression algorithms to cram more channels into the same bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back