Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fryer power comsumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello
I have a professionel fryer.
The fryer is a Pitco SELV14.
It is a combined 3x Pitco SELV 14 fryers.
Each fryer uses 17 kw or 24,5 amps. So a total of almost 75 amps.
Does that mean, when the cable to my shop only has 65 amps, that I cannot even run this fryer?
Or is it some other way that the amps are measured.

For example. Is the 65 amps to my shop for each phase, and the fryer for all three phases combined?
Reason I ask this, is because I think I have been told this once. Does anyonebody know anything of this? Is the 24,5 amp on the fryer a combined amp usage or for each phase?
Just that it cost a hell of alot of money to get more power to the shop.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
That will be the current per phase, assuming approximately 400V three phase supply, so "Almost 75A" will be correct.

Each one will by cycling on and off as the thermostats control the temperature once at heat, but it is possible for all three to require power at the same instant so it's not safe to try and run them even if you power them on one at a time.

You can use two, not three.

Pitco-Selv14_Specs.png

17 kw or 24,5 amps per phase computes for 231V per phase. (or 400V L-L consistent with datasheet too)

They should not trip with 3 tanks but might, start-up together if the breaker is wearing out. But if two start-up then cycle before the 3rd is started, it can be made to work, barely. But if the heat loss can be reduced somehow so they cycle ON less than say much less than 65/75*100% of the time that can work.

But your 75A breakers will age more rapidly being hot near the tripping part. 2x for each 10'C rise at the contact surface. So the handle should not feel too warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back