Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

from the begining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona Elfadil

i'm a beginner in dealing with electronics. i am thinking of a project but i dont know what i will need or how to do it. the idea is to make instant back up when writing your notes in any note book. something like having a sensor under your current page so when you write it detect the shape of the letter and then all you document is saved as a digital copy that you can edit or print after transferring it to pc. :confused: :(

Well, there is the simplest/cheapest... Digital Camera. There are/was hand held scanners/digitizers. Also, there are graphic tablets, and also touch sensitive screens. All these would cost you a lot of time and money to build yourself.

They already make notepads like that. I have no idea how they work though.

Two years ago at Christmas, I bought a digital drawing tablet for a friend. It was under $90. But you need a PC to run it. It was about 1/2 the size of an 8.5 x 11 page.

So you might want to buy one from a liquidation/surplus place.

To build it yourself, would require way more time and money than the cost to just buy one.

The exact idea he's talking about (a digitized legal pad) actually exist though. I'm not sure why they're not used, maybe cause it's probably easier to just keep the original paper and pass it through a scanner later (better resolution) It's basically a couple mm thick plastic pad with an extra little bar above the paper are where the electronics and display are. You place a regular legal pad on it and it captures whatever is written on the paper in memory. More of a hassle than a useful tool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back