Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

From SMD tactile switch to 4 pin connector

georgeflr

Hello,
I have a LCD Board for a Raspberry Pi and it has a few pushbuttons on the side. They are SMD tactile switches.
I want to move them into a separate location, either a PCB Board or a mounting place.
My question is that if I cand find compatible connectors, that can pe soldered on the old pushbuttons pads and not leaving soldered wires directly on the old pads. This way I can connect the buttons and disconnect them as I please.
Thank you.

Pads might not be robust enough to support robust actions, let alone the SMD switches. If this is a serviceability, reliability issue, you need to define the requirements better and design to meet them.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back