Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

friends of bill wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom muleady

I have been a ham radio op for 10 yrs now.And would like to hear stories abt sober operating, I have been sober since
oct 31,1984 and would like to meet fellow hams who are sober operators. If you got a good story abt being sober and operating it would be nice to hear.73Tom NE6AO
I posted this at qrz also

What are you going on about?

Is this a joke or something because if it is, it isn't funney? :rolleyes:

There are several amateur radio operators on this board, including myself.
Most of us are sober, am quite sober as I type this reply.
However, looking at your post, I get the impression that you may have just partaken of a few jars.
The bottom line is what the hell are you on about?
JimB

Last edited:
Hi Tom. Congratulations on 22 years. However, I believe we can add this board and others like it to the 11th tradition.

I never thought of licensed radio amateurs creating a problem on the airwaves through intoxication. That behavior is more prevalent on Citizen's Band where all kinds of nonsense prevails.

as far as the 11 tradition goes I did not say those 2 initials just said I was interested in meeting sober hams and by the way on the thread I posted on qrz everybody who replied were very open to the topic operating sober and in qst our net is called friends of bill 14.316 so yes I work very hard to respect the anonimity of 11 and 12 th tradition . several post's were from guys not in the program who operate sober so 73NE6AO

Congrats on sobriety. I too am confused of the relevance. Good story about being sober? I thought it went the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back