Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency to voltage conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckdckd

Hi all,

pls help me to design a frequency to voltage converter with low frequency give high analog voltage and high frequency give low analog voltage.
e.g A 50Hz-1KHz sqare wave will output of 3V to 2V.

How about an LM2907 or an LM2917? The data sheet should tell you all you need to know.

Freq->volt converter (LM2907), test for voltage at both freq limits. Use resistor divider and/or an opamp to rescale to range desired. Use another opamp as inverter. It's the rescaling where you have to get "creative"... <<<)))

thanks for your reply.
pls give me some circuit ref for following parameters

f->v converter gives 2V to 3V at input of 50hz to 500hz. then using an opamp inverter i ve to make this 3V to 2V. my basic concern how to make a inversion.

whether it is possible in a f->v converter who gives descending voltage o/p with ascending frequency input or i ve to use another inversion ckt.

pls suggest some ckt.

thanks

thanks for your reply.
pls give me some circuit ref for following parameters

f->v converter gives 2V to 3V at input of 50hz to 500hz. then using an opamp inverter i ve to make this 3V to 2V. my basic concern how to make a inversion.

whether it is possible in a f->v converter who gives descending voltage o/p with ascending frequency input or i ve to use another inversion ckt.

pls suggest some ckt.

thanks

hi,
Look at this option, uses a LM2917 and dual CD3240 OPA, powered from a single 12Vdc supply.

50Hz in = 3Vdc out,,, 500Hz in = 2Vdc out.

Span and Offset pot adjustment.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    50.9 KB · Views: 196
Thats an AC coupled OPA circuit.
Oops. That will teach me not to copy links without checking the target! :)
But I wasn't suggesting the F2V bit could be done with only one op-amp; just the processing of the V output.

Oops. That will teach me not to copy links without checking the target! :)
But I wasn't suggesting the F2V bit could be done with only one op-amp; just the processing of the V output.

alec,
Thats what I suspected, you have Sunday dinner on your mind...:rolleyes:

Attached is the asc file, if you want to play.

The LM2907/17 is at YLTS group page.

Attachments

• F2Vinv1.asc
    5.4 KB · Views: 133
Thanks, Eric. And there's me thinking you'd be playing with configuring the LM331 for this!

many thanks ericgibbs. you ve given exactly what i want. I implemented the ckt and working well.

hi
Thanks for letting us know its OK.:D

Most times when we post a circuit we don't get any feedback from the user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back