Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency of a vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex18

I dont understand this. What frequency has the vibration 7*f in this picture? F=1/t but i cant use it for this.

Attachments

• kjh.PNG
    kjh.PNG
    418.4 KB · Views: 113
I dont ask for answers just for good advice on how to solve the task because I am stuck with what I have and i dont understand that. I have no class, i have holidays.

This is valid for any square wave. The frequency of the square wave is equal to 1 / period of the square wave.

Let's say the period is 0.01 seconds. The frequency is equal to 1/0.01 = 100 Hz. Hz = cycles/second.

If the amplitude of the square wave is 1 unit,
The sine waves comprising it are

100Hz at an amplitude of 1 +

300 Hz at an amplitude of 1/3 +

500 Hz at an amplitude of 1/5 +

700 Hz at an amplitude of 1/7 +

ad infinitum

The answer is right there in the attached picture. It is written in German. Time = 0,5ms in German but English = 0.5ms. .5ms is half of a full wave, do math to find full wave. 2x.5ms=1ms 7t is 7 times faster frequency.

Last edited:
I missed the time scale on the plot - sorry. It was 3:30 am when I posted that and I was looking at the plot through one blurry eye.

Gary is right. Half the period is 0.5mS, so the full period of the square wave is 1mS.

T = 1/f where

T = period in seconds

f = frequency in Hz (cycles/second)

Rearranging,

f = 1/T = 1/0.001 seconds = 1000 Hz.

1000 Hz is the fundamental frequency of the square wave. It can be broken down into sine waves of odd harmonics.

This plot shows an FFT - the frequency domain - of a square wave. Notice there's no energy at the e en harmonics of the fundamental frequency.
wrmF3.png

Here is a great lesson with animations from my friend Dustin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back