Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetpack

I am new here. I was wondering what the easiest way would be to generate a frequency at 100.3 megahertz to disrupt a radio signal over an effective distance of no more than a 100 foot radius area. (Its not a big deal if it goes over that.)

Last edited:
Since you are new, I'll be the first to tell you that what you want to do is illegal in most, if not all, countries.
I assume your neighbor listens to the radio and you don't want to listen to it yourself.
You could build this highly illegal project and set it to 100.3Mhz and allow the FM capture effect to silence the offending radio. If you adjust the power level so it just mutes the annoying radio, you MAY not interfere with someone else's reception as long as they are not within the same radius. Give or take a few hundred feet.

Actually, you are pretty much right on target for the application :p I am always looking for a new project ideas to learn through application.
I appreciate the quick response. That looks like it would do the trick, though I don't want to go overkill on it. I was thinking possibly a frequency specific circuit with minimal components, possibly with a variable capacitor for fine tuning the frequency. I like to be able to build things from scratch if a project allows it.

Last edited:
You could build this one, but it will drift a little bit so you may have to occasionally retune it and it is not as powerful. You could eliminate the mic, along with Q1 and it's associated circuitry, for your application.

Last edited:
you can try the attached circuit too

edit: L3 is 10T, 26SWG coil. air core

Attachments

• FM transmitter.JPG
    FM transmitter.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Or if you read through the thread with audioguru's FM transmiter, you can find the circuit for the monomiter that he talks about. I have seen them in action before (but never made one) and they are really high quality. They had it hooked to a variable power supply, and I'm not sure what they did to the circuit, but it didn't stop transmiting until it got down to about 2.5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back