Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Freezer modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastermosley

Ok don't ask my why but I want to a a few things to my mini freezer. I have done a lot of soldering work on computers and laptops, mostly basic things and I have a basic understanding of the electrical components.

Heres the breakdown. I want to be able to adjust the compressor.

One two position switch: ON / OFF
One three position switch: AUTO / ON / MANUAL

An lcd screen for displaying the current temperature of the freezer (so I need a temperature sensor) and the cut in temperature of the compressor, (which is set with a dial of some sort)

If the switch is OFF the power is cut to a relay which controls the power to the compressor, when the switch is ON the relay is energized and power is able to flow through it to the compressor.

With the other switch in AUTO the freezer just runs like its stock, in ON position its always on, in the MANUAL position it will turn on at the specified temperature.

I doubt I have the necessary skills to look at the wiring and be able to fully understand it.

Here is what I am asking for. Any books that you think would help in this kind modification, a general description of what I would probably be dealing with and anything else you think I should no.

Much appreciated.

Thats one of my problems, they don't give you a schematic and I doubt the manufacturer would give me one.

Check on line, starting with the manufacturer's website, then try a search, and if that fails check with some of your local appliance repair shops and parts houses. Hope this info helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back