Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Freelance Help Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odyssey25

Hello everyone,

I run a product development firm in Houston Texas. I have a client that is looking to development a simple battery-powered device that is slightly outside my capabilities. I was hoping someone with solid experience could assist in a freelance scenario. The basics of the project are:

small board
4-way toggle (or 4-way directional button array) - for selecting between 4 short audio messages
single push button - for activating the selected message
battery - watch style
small speaker
optional amplifier to boost audio output

Overall size of the assembly should be 2"x2"x1"

The assembly will be installed into a custom CNC machined plastic housing.

I have attempted building this myself using an Arduino Micro board to give you an idea of the size.

I appreciate hearing from anyone with some interest.

Thanks
Sean
www.odyssey-solutions.net

Welcome, Odyssey25!

I was tasked, a few years back, with developing a salt water marsh display for a US Forestry Service public facility. It had eleven instances of wildlife for which 6th graders had recorded a short (not to exceed 20 seconds) verbal explanation. These had to be individually activated. And the display had to be "people proof" and stand alone (no external power).

While this, once constructed, might not suit your unit dimension specs, it might at least give you something to think about.

Essentially, I took 11, separate voice recorder/playback modules,very much like this one:

**broken link removed**

By way of a simple unit selection switch, power was applied to only the selected unit. At that point another button switch (common to ALL the units) could be pressed that would activate the playback of that powered unit whose output went to a common speaker (appropriately matched).

The units I used were 9VDC units, while those noted above will work off of 5VDC (note current usage specs).

Not, perhaps, as sophisticated as an Arduino rig, but considerably easier to construct and the display I mentioned is still in use, with the same 9VDC battery I installed 5 years ago.

<EDIT> Just had the thought of using the recordable gift card units you can find at hallmark, drug stores, etc.. They operate off of small, watch type batteries, with similar activation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back