Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

beakie

Which companies are good for free samples?

I have tried Texas Instruments with great success. Know anyone else who make it nice and easy to sample their products?

Thanks

Iv had samples from maxim, atmel, and microchip.

Not sure where you are in the world but theres a company in the UK called Rapid Components, they have always sent me samples as i needed them.

Iv had samples from maxim, atmel, and microchip.

Not sure where you are in the world but theres a company in the UK called Rapid Components, they have always sent me samples as i needed them.

I tried DigiKey but got refused. I didn't think distributors would be very "profitable"?

It is not a good idea to talk about samples in an open forum. It increase the number of people who sample. Some samples too often, and many never use them. Too much of that and the samples dry up.

If you do sample please sample only what you need.

I have also been able to get samples form DigiKey, but Ive also been a customer since the day they opened the doors. Maybe it is dependent on how much you have spent in the past. The companies that I worked for spent many thousands a month with them, using my name as a contact, so maybe thats why.
This may help them seperate the REAL electronics users, from the occasional hobbiest.

Last edited:
It is not a good idea to talk about samples in an open forum. It increase the number of people who sample. Some samples too often, and many never use them. Too much of that and the samples dry up.

If you do sample please sample only what you need.

Fair comment. Will take this underground.

I have also been able to get samples form DigiKey, but Ive also been a customer since the day they opened the doors. Maybe it is dependent on how much you have spent in the past. The companies that I worked for spent many thousands a month with them, using my name as a contact, so maybe thats why.
This may help them seperate the REAL electronics users, from the occasional hobbiest.

Hey man. I got a soldering iron too :)

I tried getting some samples from National Semiconductor a couple of years ago for a product I'm now building and selling - they were a nightmare and wanted to charge me more for shipping than the items were worth.

In the end I gave up and got some samples from ST who were brilliant. Since then I've managed to avoid spending any money on National Semiconductor products favouring ST instead ......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back