Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free sample chips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deleted: I DO need a job :D

If you are old enough, GET TEH JOB.

Last edited:
szabi said:
I'm in front of making my first free sample order from Microchip, (PIC18 uC for learning and hobby purposes) and would like to know how to fill out the following fields.

Industry:
Application Category:
Project Description:
Production Target Date:
Current Design Stage:
Annual Production Qty:
Preferred Distributor:

I'm in big trouble with "Annual Production Qty:" and "Production Target Date: " :confused:

Thanks!

dude, this thread is from 2006 ... why not start a new thread with a topic like "Hobbiest student needs help getting freebies"

Instead of lying to the company, to fraudulently obtain parts for free, why not just get a job? Don't you even feel a little bit guilty?

I'm sure that a few hobbist who get free samples, actually put together projects that become comercial, a kit, or a popular free project on the internet, that leads to purchases. But to just encourage everyone to scam the manufacturers first, before having to resort to actually purchasing their parts is just unethical. If you can't answer the information request honestly, then you are atempting to do something wrong. Who's it going to hurt? Everybody who buys their parts get to pay an extra few pennies. The more people freeloading, the more the rest of us get to pay for our parts...

Why support an encourage dishonest behavior with these threads? Threads are locked because they might lead to some tragic illegal act (remote detonators, cellphone jammers, missle guidence, ect...), but running a scam, apparently not.

Uh, guys. this is really simple. fill it out honestly. I always state exactly what it's for and pick the lowest volume - I've never been blown off. If they do blow you off, so what? It's their prerogative

Note that Microchip has always been quite generous with samples. Look at how ubiquitous their chips are. Tons of hobbyists have gotten their chips via samples. Coincidence? I think not.

I phoned Maxim recently, because I needed some autozero amplifiers to make some prototypes, and none of the distributors had stocks. They sent me ten samples. What more can I say?

OK, thanks for the answers.
The point is, I wanted to be honest, that's why I asked You.
Don't tell me, that everyone (students, hobbyists...) who orders samples, have in mind some mass production projects. ;)

justDIY: "dude, this thread is from 2006 ... why not start a new thread with a topic like 'Hobbiest student needs help getting freebies'"

Dude, this tread (OP) is from 2004!! Talk about resurrection! The last 8 posts are current following an earlier resurrection in 2004!

Dean

SAMPLES From MICROCHIP

What are the elligibility for ordering samples from Microchip?
Can anyone order free samples from Microchip?
Yes you can order samples from microchip, but you MUST have business e-mail or a professional e-mail address.
I use the everyone.net e-mails
example:yourname@mymanula.com
I have received free samples for the past 6 months no problem. Please note that they come from Thailand and will be shipped by noon time, so you must be there to receive them and you must sign for them also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back