Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

free learning......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any place where people who are interested in learning and teaching, gather and share ideas.......In person? (not speaking of politics or religion) a creative ranch so to speak? I hope I
have not crossed any lines, but I think It would be awesome to be around people who are willing to teach and learn?
thanks, Steve (o.k. with private message )

p.s. was looking in the 90's and classes were 38,000 a year here! ouch

p.s. was looking in the 90's and classes were 38,000 a year here! ouch

Where is "here?" You can find colleges and universities in the US today for a lot less than that. Non-degree programs are even less.

Here is a very small list of some relatively free intellectual gatherings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chautauqua_Institution
https://www.flickr.com/photos/uchicagobeijing/sets/72157629203207958/
Aspen Conferences

You do have to pay your own travel and lodging. Most important, attendees may be expected to have something to contribute something based on facts, their own published works, or accepted principles. In other words, someone off the street might find it hard to get an invitation to speak.

What have you done to find such groups? There are support groups and special interest groups for a huge number of subjects in the US.

John

Edit: When I was a teenager, CalTech (Pasadena, California, USA) had weekly science lectures that were open to the public. I went to them whenever I could get a ride. Some of the more memorable lectures were on triple point, aerodynamics, and high energy physics. Check your local universities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back