Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free Font and Bitmap Generator for graphic LCDs e.g. KS0108

Status
Not open for further replies.

muGUI

Hi all,

I finished my new version of the free **broken link removed** for embedded systems code generation. You can convert images and system fonts to c-code e.g. for the Atmel ATMegas.

muGUI

Looks neat. It would be really good if you could customise the output, e.g. specify that the output array format and put bytes in different places. That would make it easy to use your tool with any LCD code.

Looks neat. It would be really good if you could customise the output, e.g. specify that the output array format and put bytes in different places. That would make it easy to use your tool with any LCD code.

Hi edeca,

you can customize the Font and Bitmap Generator output with the export format files (*.xsl). These files use the XSLT1.0 language known from the web technology.

In the installation directory of the Font and Bitmap Generator you find the xsl folder. Inside there are 3 xsl file. One for generating c code, one for html and the third one for xml. Just take one of the file and adapt them to your personal needs. So you can generate the code especially for the programming language and controller you want.

If you need help, just tell me.

muGUI

Perfect, a really neat little tool. I look forward to picking up a graphic LCD and giving this a go.

Font and Bitmap Generator: HD44780 support

Hi all,

I wrote a short **broken link removed** how to use the Font and Bitmap Generator for designing user specific symbols for an HD44780 driven display.

muGUI

Good work. I have just got my graphic LCD hooked up and working so I will be trying this soon. Thanks for reminding me ;)

Hi All,

today I released Version 0.1 :

- Problem of the program crash when importing large fonts is fixed.
- Temporal use restriction removed.
- Installer now also suitable for Win7 64Bit.

muGUI

Hi all,
the Font and Bitmap Generator V 0.1.0.0 stopped working at the 31.12.2010. I fixed the problem and released Version 0.1.0.1 today.
muGUI

Last edited:
Hi Mosaic,

the Font and Bitmap Generator generates a intermediate XML format. With xslt scripts the XML is converted in what ever you want (within the Font and Bitmap Generator).

The Font and Bitmap Generator is supplied with some xslt script for generating C code for the ATMEGA 128. It generates arrays like

prog_uchar SansSerif[] =
{
// Font Header
0x00, // 0x00: Monospace, 0x01: Proportional
0x01, // 0x00: horizontalLeft, 0x01: horizontalRight
// 0x02: verticalCeiling, 0x03: verticalBottom
0x0, // Startcharacter
0x60, // Number of Bitmaps
0xC, // Height
0xB, // Width

/* Character Data - Index: 0 */
0x00,0x00,0x00, .......

For your PIC change the "prog_uchar" into what ever you need. Just adapt the xslt file <installdir>\Font and Bitmap Generator\xsl\mugui2c_avr.xsl and you can generate code for your PIC MCU.

If you post your xslt i can include it in the next release :)

muGUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back