Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free 12-120 inverter/any data or parts list

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayJ

I am new as it gets. I need to build this 12 to 120 inverter. The radio shack PNP's don't exist. What is the wattage of the resistors? Any help or someone who has built one of these would be appreciated.
RayJ

Here.
I made one of these out of a Battery Charger.
Worked Great!

Attachments

• inverter_4x_2n3055.gif
    inverter_4x_2n3055.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,088
**broken link removed**

2N3055 - NPN Transistor

$2.29
Model: 2N3055
Catalog #: 276-2041

Online: In stock
Usually ships in 1 - 2 business days

hotwaterwizard said:
Here.
I made one of these out of a Battery Charger.
Worked Great!

This one is from My Website.

**broken link removed**

But this one, also on my website is Much Better.

**broken link removed**

My appology for not mentioning the source. I actually forgot where I found the circuit.

Wow I wish the internet had existed(in its present form) when I was in 6th grade, I actually sat down and had to figure this out by myself as a school science project(I won, the judges were quite impressed I built a working Inverter when everyone else was doing volcano's etc.) and the scematic above is almost exacly the same as my design (only diference I had put diodes in before each NPN to guarentee power went the right way)

ray99mond said:
Hi, may i know why connect the 12VDC to the center tap transformer?

Because it goes through the transformer to the collectors of the transistors, the current being switched ON and OFF in the primary of the transformer is what creates the AC required.

However, this design is VERY crude and poor, and not at all recommended!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back