Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA vs Real Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a FPGA/ASIC developer for 9 years. More and more these days, the systems that are being developed are SOC, and so they require embedded processing. I'd say throw up a coin and see what lands. :)

BrownOut is right, lots of things are SOC now. But, a friend of mine is an FPGA engineer. It seems like a lot of jobs in that area are for government/military use such as software-defined radios, radar systems, etc. Systems on chip can be just about anything. If you like radio though, theres lots of high paying military contracts out there if you're good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back