Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga, cpld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halo

Hi, I'm looking for some fpga or cpld parts.
fpga: Spartan 2 or 3 (xilinx)
cpld: coolrunner (xilinx)

Does anyone know where I can buy some of these parts?

Source for Xilinx FPGA & CPLDs

Digikey has a good selection of Spartan FPGAs and 9500 CPLDs at market prices. I'm not sure about this, but I think Xilinx phased out the CoolRunner parts. If true, it's a shame, Philips did a wonderful job on the architecture - good performance, fit & extremely low power for a CPLD (Power consumption is based on operating frequency, similar to the old CD4000 series). Altera's "zero-power" classic PLDs (EP910, etc.) were the only thing that came close in the sum of products (AND/OR) PLD arena, and are now obsolete. In early '90s designs, we would reserve 2 cells in the EP910 for power management, using one as a select bit, and one as a simple ring oscillator, which would kick the part into "Turbo" mode within a few clock cycles.

Try Ebay...I saw some new 26 x XCS2XXX stuff going for USD80++..I really wanted that.....sighz.......I was ZZZzzzzz,,. soundly when the auction ended....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back