Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga accumulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark

does anyone know a good way of implementing a 10-bit accumulator uding VHDL? i tryed doing a process as follows - clock in the data, perform the addition, and store the answer in a register, to be added to new input on the next clock. i'm having problems with my simulation - the contents of this register going unknown on the first addition. thanks.

Make sure you have a reset input that sets the register to a known value. 'U' + something = 'U'. In your simulation toggle the reset line before you do anything.

Why not...

Starting with zero, perhaps?

Initializing digital circuits should be second nature I think. Why not here. Zero is, simple, easy and always the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back