Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fourier transform of rectangular pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

derick007

I have worked out an equation for the fourier transform of a single rectangular pulse of height A and width T/2, over period of T.

I have then used this equation to find the max. min. and zero values of the transform which occur at harmonics of the fundamental frequency f.

The zero values occur at the even harmonics, the max. and min occurring at the odd harmonics.

I then calculate the spectrum which deals with the absolute/modulus/magnitude of the values, which in some ways means the min. values become max. values as their sign is ignored.
I have also used different values for A and T and calculated the corresponding dBm values.

Please find attached a copy of my work. I am very interested to know if the values I have calculated for the max. min values are correct. I intend to digitally sample the same signal and calculate what values I get. But that is for another day, until I get confirmation of these values.

Attachments

• squarespectrum.pdf
    190 KB · Views: 399
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back