Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fourier series (direct and inverse) to an audio signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

selado

Hi everyone,

I need your help to accomplish two opposite operations:

1. To break an audio signal into some (say 20) frequency bins and get 20 output channels with DC current/voltage proportional to the amplitudes in the bins. The output signals are the Fourier coefficients of the input signal.

2. To do the opposite operation - take 20 DC channels representing certain frequencies and combine them to reconstruct an audio signal - sort of inverse Fourier series.

Both operations should be done simultaneously and in real time.
What is the simplest and most economic way to perform it?

Thanks

Likely using a digital signal processor (DSP).

Likely using a digital signal processor (DSP).

Thanks, DSP is an option I did not think of.
What about Spectrum Analyzer? Can it accomplish the job? Do Spectrum Analyzers usually support parallel I/O? Do they work fast enough for 20 simultaneous channels?

Don't know that any commercial spectrum analyzers will do that.

Sounds like you are trying to build some type of vocoder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back