Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Found couple components, unsure what they are etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezder

Yet again i trouble forum with couple questions.

I noticed these sensor-looking components in weather station, one of both in transmitter/receiver. My guess is that they are temperature sensor and humidity sensor. Any help appreciated, along with info how to use them! temperature sensor i'm familiar with, pretty much....

' IMG_0705.jpg IMG_0704.jpg

The photo in the left is definitively a thermistor bead.

The second one appears to be a rather crude humidity sensor....But my question is: was the sensor element exposed like that, or did you open it up?
All of the humidity sensors that I know, are sensitive to stress, light or something else. They are usually well protected inside a case or molded epoxy, with openings to allow humidity to come in.

oh no, i didn't pry it open, it was like that when i found it, and this station was opened in working condition

If you look at the board in the first photo, you can clearly see "temp" labeled next to the leads, so it's definitely a type of temp sensor, likely a thermistor as schmitt trigger mentioned.

Second one definitely looks like a humidity sensor, perhaps from the GY-HR10X series.

lol how did i miss that temp writing? funny, i just visited opticks today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back