Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

found broken tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny69

so i found a broken tv here on the side of the road and when i got it home it's almost a new tv but i'd say it was dropped, when i took the back of it, the tube on the back of the crt is smashed and the small board that attached to the tv i'd say is no good either, would it be worth fixing or will it cost more than the tv is worth, if so how would i go about getting the parts for it, it's an emerson tv

thanks

tube

by tube i assume you mean the little vacuum tube that the board attaches to not the big picture tube, cause it's just the little tube thats broken and the board thats attached to it i could probably fix myself, i am currently enrolled in an electronics engineering program so i can do minor repairs my self but my tv terminology is still being worked on, lol

thanks again

TVs haven't used vacuum tubes in years.

Please post a picture so it's clear for us to see.

The only tube in TVs, are the screen. Repairing in will definately cost more than buying the same model new. The shipping on a CRT would probably be more than you are looking to spend. Sorry to deliver the sad news.

johnny69 said:
by tube i assume you mean the little vacuum tube that the board attaches to not the big picture tube, cause it's just the little tube thats broken and the board thats attached to it i could probably fix myself, i am currently enrolled in an electronics engineering program so i can do minor repairs my self but my tv terminology is still being worked on, lol

It certainly is!, the 'little vacuum tube' is the neck of the CRT.

it's an Emerson... throw it back in the water and go for a better fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back