Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Found a C tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am using Wiz-C from FORED from more than one year (professional version) now, and I am one the biggest project (more than 1500 line of code)... and I begin to have big truble with it : compilation and simulation were fine. But I was unable to have the LCD displaying some thing (the program run as show by a LED). I spend more than 20 hours to solve that issue.
To help to debug the application I buy the PicKey from Fored as it is very interresting : only one wire used. But it did not work and I can said that I had no help from Fored.

I try to adapt my code to BoostC. It was done in few hours and my application is running properly and the code size is smaller of 10%.

So Fored had nice introduction to C for PIC, but don't expect to have support even if you have problem with a bug (I had one with the version 14, the answer was : buy the version 15... and again a lot of hours loss).
But the free version is very nice to begin and the application designer can help to learn, simplify the development of the application.

Jean-Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back