Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

for seekin help in makin project on automatic curtain system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bewra

hey
im lookin for a project on automatic curtain system that will open when light falls on it & closes any other time. so pls help me in makin this project . pls tell me every thin about this project i.e. the circuit or where i would find the circuitary of this project.

plz...

hallo...izzit u found out that circuit already?or can u found out the equiment?cause i also do my final project like urs 1...if u got any idea plz let me know k...thanks 1st...my email...cheong967@hotmail.com

cheong967, I dont think people will be too interested in doing much of your final project design. Might I suggest you make a first attempt at a top level system that includes your motors, sensors, and control logic. At that point if you have problems with the design or trouble getting the system working, we will be happy to help.

bewra, There are many commercial systems that already exist for remote controlling a set of window curtains. Perhaps you should look at some of those. You can find some at www.smarthome.com. But I would imagine you could do something similar but rather than a remote control, you use a photocell and some associated logic to trigger the system.

to crust...

crust...thanks to u 1st...actually me major in mechanical engineering...i might to ask u whats mean by control logic?if i going to buy the sensor then how i call it?i want to make a circuit when sensor detected the light then the circuit will transfer electricity to the motor...like that one...crust...hope u can understand my english cause very weak...haha...really thanks to u...

Re: to crust...

cheong967 said:
...i might to ask u whats mean by control logic?if i going to buy the sensor then how i call it?i want to make a circuit when sensor detected the light then the circuit will transfer electricity to the motor...like that one...crust...hope u can understand my english cause very weak...haha...really thanks to u...

The control logic is the part of the system that takes your sensor data as input and determines what is the output. In your case, "If sensor sees light" then "run window motor" and "If sensor does not see light" then "run motor in reverse"

To help, you need to tell us what kind of motor you intend to use, the rest of the system is not too difficult.

help...

crust...now i having a dc motor...is about 12V...now can u help me draw the circuit diagram for me...my project is contains two mode...one is light sensor mode to close the curtain, it can close this function...another is just use the motor to close the curtain...will it difficult or not?and what should i do now?hope that u'll reply me soon...

I am a bit confused about what you want. First you need some type of circuit to reverse the motor. Since you dont really need speed control, the easiest way to do this is with a DPDT relay, though you could use an h-bridge. A small microcontroller (perhaps AVR, PIC) will take the input from the sensor or a switch or whatever, and then open/close the curtains. You'll also need two small switches at the start and end of the travel so that the micro knows when to stop the motor.

help...

yes...as u said that i just only want two input (the light sensors input and switch input)...can u draw me a circuit diagram n state that what component they are?cause electronics are my weakness...n i only know the very basic concept of control motor...that is reverse the power supply rite?then how the circuit look like?

help...

yes...as u said that i just only want two input (the light sensors input and switch input)...can u draw me a circuit diagram n state that what component they are?cause electronics are my weakness...n i only know the very basic concept of control motor...that is reverse the power supply rite?then how the circuit look like?

:shock: No way! I have been thinking about doing a project just like this. :lol: Hmm... I suppose I can share what I have figured out with you :wink: :

Light sensor: The light sensor should just be a CDS cell in front of the window.

Blind sensors: For these, I was going to do an IR "end-sensor" kind of thing. I would have some sort of U-shaped bracket, mounted to the wall so that one side is on the back side of the blinds and the other side is on the front side. Do this on at the top and the bottom of the blinds. Then mount a small, cheap IR LED on one side of the bracket, and an IR detector on the other.

Motor: Doesn't have to be fast, (preferred to be slow actually) should be relatively strong. The motor should just wind up the string on its shaft.

Controls: These aren't really that in-depth because it's automatic. Basically, it's just on, off and a pot to control the sensitivity of the CDS cell.

Blind… "locker" :lol: : Once the blinds are done opening, a small solenoid mounted near the top of the blinds will pull the string to lock the blinds how it does, to prevent strain on the motor.

CPU: I would use a PIC for this. It will take the input from both of the blind sensors, the CDS cell and the pot. Depending on the data it gets from these, it will tell the motor to start, stop and reverse, and tell the solenoid to turn on or off.

Hope this helps.

Rain

Hi

crust said:
Well, I could draw you a circuit, but you still would need to author the software inside the micro. the hardware is the easy part.

Hi there,

I m new to here and I have a request, as you mention you have a circuit for this, may I have a look as well if you don't mind....
I m on a project on this too but really stuck on drawing out the circuit. Please help!

Many thanks

Bobby

crust....

can u draw and send me the circuit? cos i intrested on this project. i wan make a IR and lightsensor project~! i Hope this electric curtain can help me.

I hope any pro can help me about it, i very poor at design circuit. Hope u all can help me ASAP.

newbie85 said:
crust....

can u draw and send me the circuit? cos i intrested on this project. i wan make a IR and lightsensor project~! i Hope this electric curtain can help me.

I hope any pro can help me about it, i very poor at design circuit. Hope u all can help me ASAP.

This thread is over 2 years old and the chances of some of the people who posted in this thread still being here is pretty remote. Rather than bring up the dead get of ya butt and try google as it shows plenty of hits on this simple project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back