Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For designing 50v,100v,150v dc power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shibas

How to design 50v,100v,150v power supplies?I need to use these power supplies for an actuator(Piezo stack actuator).

Can any body help me with the design equations for the above mentioned power supplies along with their circuit diagrams and necessary materials or notes for designing the power supply?

Input voltage?
USA or EU?

Line frequency?
50 or 60Hz?

What type of supplies?
Isolated?
Linear?
SwitchMode?

How precise does the voltage regulation have to be? 1%, 5% 10%?

How much AC ripple?

Current requirement?
Piezo stack is a capacitor, so almost zero current after initial step?

What selects which voltage you get out?
Digital input?
Pot?
Switch(es)?

Rise time when switching from voltage to voltage?

btw- if you are a student, you should have had these "requirements" clearly in mind before you start such a project.

Last edited:
Do all three voltages have to be present simultaneously or in sequence?

I think we can design these dc power supplies using a transformer,a bridge rectifier and a capacitor.

But what should be the different voltage and current ratings of the transformer for designing the 50v,100v,150v dc power supplies?

What should be the value and voltage rating of the capacitor?

Can u help me by providing either the circuit diagrams of the power supply design using the transformer,bridge and capacitor for the 3 different dc power supplies of 50v,100v and 150v or by providing the links for getting the necessary materials,diagrams,equations for designing the 3 dc power supplies of 50v,100v and 150v.

If you want help, then answer the questions that were put to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back