Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

For all NEWBIES and whoever else benefited from this FORUM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjox1

Hi friends,
You all might be wondering what is up with this thread. Well this thread is purely for all the people who have enjoyed this forum and for all of you who have benefitted from this, in one way or another [like me].

I am a newbie to electronics and I realise that this thing should have been written ages ago but nevertheless, I am posting this just to say a BIG THANK YOU to all of the members like Nigel, Pommie, mike50, futz and many more who give up their valuable time to help all us newbies [unlike other forums where all the newbies are considered DUMB].

They are always up for offering help and suggestions without demoralising anyone by saying ‘That was easy, why did you ask this?’ and you remember you still get help even when you post annoying threads like ‘URGENT’, ‘CODE NEEDED’, etc. They never ask you for anything back but what they do ask for is just a bit of hard work on our part and the rest they make so easy for us to understand.

Finally, I would really appreciate all the people who have benefitted from this to come up and appreciate all the help by posting any response [if you feel] and would like to encourage the experienced members to keep up the good work.

Thanks for reading.

bjox1 said:
They are always up for offering help and suggestions without demoralising anyone by saying ‘That was easy, why did you ask this?’
Heh :D I was just going to start finishing every newb help post with this: "You really should have known!" :p

As a newbie i too thank all who helps me and i hope they realize when i say thx and thank you or whatever the case i truly mean it and hope they understand that.

Even I feel that I wouldn't have gained anything without the help from people like Mike [Pommie] and others. I sincerely thank you guys!

bjox1 said:
....what they do ask for is just a bit of hard work on our part and the rest they make so easy for us to understand.

The following is my own observation.

In most cases, a clearly stated question/problem with some measurement or findings are what most of us needed in order to help. If one can consider stating the question being hard work. One can always look back at those threads that have many good responses because the original poster tried hard to give all the relevant facts and presented a balanced case.

If you have a problem, please gives as much background or details in order for us to really understand what help you are looking for. A certain part of the software routines don't work or some voltage too high or low, etc....

The important information needed is what else have you done try to isolate the problem? Have you check the circuit, voltage, MCU ...etc...

Do not try to compose your question while online. Type your post in a text processor, and read it again afterward. Does someone else knows what you are actually describing? Prepare your photos, images, circuit schematics... Then you are ready to post.

If you post your whole project and say "it does not work", then you are trying your luck. Some good souls will then ask you to clarify or provide additional information but most likely they will just ignore your post.

And remember, tell us also what you are trying to do instead of how you are doing it. As always, there are better alternatives which is easier, cost less or more reliable.

Also thanks to the guy above my post :) and the other guys on electroTech

Audioguru, dknguyen, Gayan Soyza, Hero999, mvs_sarma, RadioRon and many others..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back