Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Food Blender Motor Circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender21

Hello iam new here and just needed abit of help..Does anyone know where i can get circuits for motor especially something like food blender circuit with speed controls for the motor sumfin like that tnak you ppl

PS. what is this type of motor called and what can i use to increase and decrease speed aswell as reverse motor.

All you need is a AC motor and a couple of components to vary the speed.

I will have a schematic for you in a second
for a AC motor speed controller.

Thanks man, if anyone else has any more circuits i might need them as iam doing a project where i have to take a few circuit designs and develop them to my final design this is a loong story. basically it is for my coursework Systems and Control: Here is a link if you intrested:

**broken link removed**

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
There you go buddy

**broken link removed**

You should be aware that this ISN'T an AC motor speed controller, it's a simple controller for an AC/DC (often called universal) motor, and is basically an incandescent light dimmer circuit.

There are various types of AC motor, but electric drills comonly use the AC/DC type - the food mixer may, or may not?.

Also, there's no external way to reverse the rotation of an AC/DC motor, you need to reverse the polarity of either the rotor or stator (but not both).

Oops I didn't pay attention to the circuit I just found the link that said ac speed controller.

As for forward and reverse goes, you will need a DPDT switch. Connect the +ve to one of the center pins, and the -ve to the other center pin.

Now pick an end. Connect the motor wires to it. The other end will have the motor wires connected to it the other way.

Now when you flick the switch, the motor switches direction instantly.

As for speed control, you can either use a 100 ohm potentiometer, or play with the voltage. Just make sure the voltage does not exceed the maximum voltage rating for the switch or the motor or one will malfunction.

mstechca said:
As for forward and reverse goes, you will need a DPDT switch. Connect the +ve to one of the center pins, and the -ve to the other center pin.

Now pick an end. Connect the motor wires to it. The other end will have the motor wires connected to it the other way.

Now when you flick the switch, the motor switches direction instantly.

That only works for a DC motor! (and only for permanent magnet ones!), a food blender is more likely to have an AC motor.

As for speed control, you can either use a 100 ohm potentiometer, or play with the voltage. Just make sure the voltage does not exceed the maximum voltage rating for the switch or the motor or one will malfunction.

Using a pot for crude speed control isn't a good idea, it will only work extremely poorly, and will require a very large, very expensive pot!.

Some good issues....I got like two circuits i need two more....iam finding it hard to find a circuit for my blender device...all i can find is simple motor circuits i need mains voltage and speed control thats about it to power a big motor therefore the circuit should be simple, on/off swtich..speed control....some safety trigger...reversing the motor no big deal i can live without that as there is not much use in blender which way it goes just a thought...

Blender21 said:
Hello iam new here and just needed abit of help..Does anyone know where i can get circuits for motor especially something like food blender circuit with speed controls for the motor sumfin like that tnak you ppl

PS. what is this type of motor called and what can i use to increase and decrease speed aswell as reverse motor.
It would really help us , and yourself , if you describe your food blender in more detail , like make , model # ect..

Could this work, it's a phase control unit and a big triac:

**broken link removed**

Man i tried all the sites iam struggling on this, basically my task is to investigate electronic controls and drive mechanisms for food blenders, types of switching and variable speed controls, thats why i think i need a speed control circuit for the motor or some kind of switching circuit :oops: :oops: :cry: ...Therefore i think the circuit must be simple nothing complex it is for my A levels if people know what that is here in England. :wink:

Blender21 said:
Man i tried all the sites iam struggling on this, basically my task is to investigate electronic controls and drive mechanisms for food blenders, types of switching and variable speed controls, thats why i think i need a speed control circuit for the motor or some kind of switching circuit :oops: :oops: :cry: ...Therefore i think the circuit must be simple nothing complex it is for my A levels if people know what that is here in England. :wink:

For a start you need to find out what type of motors are used, different types of motors require completely different types of speed control.

If it's an AC/DC motor (with brushes!), then a simple phase shift circuit controller is all that's required.

Thats the thing man i dont know what motor is inside a standard belnder.. i dont mind post me any type, what type do you think is inside a blendeR?

It varies in different blenders

In the USA we mostly use ac for the high powered blenders
and for the small blenders we use ac/dc but even some of the small blenders use ac.

Blender21 said:
Thats the thing man i dont know what motor is inside a standard belnder.. i dont mind post me any type, what type do you think is inside a blendeR?

That's the thing!, there is no 'standard' blender - the phase shift circuit posted earlier will work for an AC/DC motor - and is probably the only simple after market speed controller that's practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back